If you or your spouse are considering a divorce, but aren’t sure if that’s the right thing to do, then we might be able to help.
Chances are either you or your spouse feels too little hope about salvaging your marriage or don’t have the energy to do couples counselling. You might have even been down that road already…
If this is you, we may be able to help through a specific type of counselling called Discernment Counselling.
Discernment Counseling is specially designed for couples where one spouse is leaning towards divorce and the other wants to preserve the marriage. Couples in this situation usually don’t do well in traditional marriage counselling that aims at solving marital problems. They need a different approach.
The focus of Discernment Counseling is not on solving marital problems but on seeing if they could potentially
be solved. Sessions involve separate conversations with each spouse, as well as time as a couple. Discernment Counseling is short term, just 1-5 sessions, and leads to a decision to either divorce or give the marriage a major last effort, with a clear agenda for change.
Benefits of Discernment Counselling
- Gain clarity and confidence about what steps to take next with your marriage
- Understand what has happened to your marriage
- Look at three sides of your problems: yours, your spouse’s, and an objective professional’s perspective
- Evaluate the possibility of solving your problems and staying married
- Decide whether to move towards divorce or make a last all-out effort to reinvigorate your marriage
Who Is Discernment Counselling For?
- People considering divorce but not sure it’s the right path for them.
- People who want to take one more look at their relationship before making a permanent decision.
- People who want to give their marriage another chance even though their spouse is moving toward divorce.
If you or your spouse are considering a divorce, but aren’t sure if that’s the right thing to do and alternative options that usually less emotionally painful and financially expensive than a divorce, then apply for a complimentary consultation with us to work out whether discernment counselling is the right path for you.